A Community’s gift to those living with Alzheimer’s disease and their caregivers.
Not Just Another Garden.
Designed to create new memories, as well as bring back fond memories from the past, the garden is a beautiful place for anyone to visit, but for those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, there are many very special features.
• The entry to the garden provides a slightly raised overlook
area that allows visitors to preview the layout
of the entire garden before entering.
Once inside the pathways are smooth and form loops without confusing dead-ends.
• The covered entry structure and arbor provide landmarks.
• There are many places to just sit and enjoy the garden. Benches are provided in a circle around a central stone planter, and along the outside of the main pathway, providing many different views.
• Plantings evoke childhood memories. Many plant varieties common in older gardens are featured to spark pleasant memories of the past.
• The rich botanical collection provides four seasons of sensory stimulation, including plants that are interesting to look at, touch and smell.